Image credit: http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/saf-seeking-emotional-deliverance/crazy-mom-twitter-facebook-stalking/
Top ten reasons why people think moms are crazy:
10.) Moms talk to themselves all the time. (It's only because the baby books say that talking around your baby is good for language development! No, really.)
9.) Moms cry at commercials. (Well, at least I do... must be those pesky hormones.)
8.) Moms wipe off boogers, snot, drool, spit-up, etc. with their hands and/or clothing like it's no big deal.
7.) Moms can understand toddler speak as though it's English.
6.) Moms talk about the condition of their child's bowel movements with anyone who will listen.
5.) Moms wake up in the middle of the night to check and see if their baby is still breathing. (Yes, I did this too.)
4.) Moms think that their baby is the most beautiful thing in the world, even when the baby looks like a squished up little old person.
3.) Moms sing songs about anything and everything... just to make it fun!
2.) Moms actually care if their child's clothing--which will inevitably be getting covered in food, drool, or worse--matches.
1.) Moms go through labor and, once it's over, would go through it AGAIN!
I hope you enjoy the list, and let me know if you have anything else to add!

LOL! Yes, I've done everything on that list! Now that the girls aren't babies anymore I've often gone to the store with them wearing tiarras or princess dresses just to avoid an argument. I imagine my little guy will soon be going out dressed as a cowboy or fire fighter. :-)
ReplyDelete#10 is seriously the way it is... I NEVER talk to myself like that, until the baby comes. I talk to myself all day long since she's not talk back yet...
ReplyDelete#8 except for spit-ups (since I hate the smell of spoiled milk), I wipe everything with my hands and rub it to my pants...
#6 I've always been a proponent of BM conversations.
#5 ALL THE TIME!!! When she does sleep through the night, I still wake up in the middle of the night wondering if she's going call for food.
#4 Totally Guilty... I just looked at some of her new born pictures, and thought she looked like an alien, but that wasn't what I saw when she was first born...
#1 Oh yes... After all that pain and discomfort, I thought it wasn't too bad and was ready for another one. LOL!